- Educators, Authors, Business Owners, Moms and Dads.
- Avid readers who want our children to enjoy reading.
- Parents who want to know what our children are reading.
- Concerned adults who want to help parents and educators be knowledgeable about issues children will face in their reading.
We are a resource for parents, teachers and educators so they can determine if a book may be appropriate for a particular child to read.
We are not:
- An attempt to censor books.
- An attempt to remove books from libraries.
- An attempt to recommend or not recommend books.
We are a resource for parents, teachers, and educators.
- Has a child experienced a recent divorce in the family?
- Has a child experienced a death in his family?
- Has a child been the victim of abuse?
- Has a child experienced a traumatic accident?
- Each child is different. What may scare one child may not faze another.
- Each child is a member of a family with different values.
- Each child will not mature equally emotionally and mentally at the same age.
These and many other issues are factors to consider in choosing a book that may or may not be right for a child at the moment. At Facts on Fiction, we recognize that each child has special needs.